Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yummy yummy in my tummy!

That was the perfect balance of honey and chipotle!

Chili's used to be my favorite restaurant. I would meet my mom there when I had breaks between classes and we would eat there at least once every two weeks.

Our favorite meal to devour was their "honey-chipotle chicken crispers". These chicken strips were amazing! They were smothered in sauce and were the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.

We enjoyed our lunch time vacations from our everyday lives and couldn't imagine it any other way.
Our roughly hour-long visits included wonderful conversations with a friendly staff and quick refills of our strawberry lemonades.

Each time we placed our orders the excitement was greater and each time we received our food it tasted even better.


Suddenly, everything changed...

We went to our Chili's and ordered our delectable bites of chicken heaven. The anticipation, as always, was building as the waitress set down our plates...

WHAT?!

They were... dry! Someone decided to get stingy with the sauce and the taste of this meal was ruined. We stared at our plates waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and yelled that we were getting punk'd... but he didn't show...

We went to that Chili's in Tracy a few more times, hoping everything would be restored, but the beautiful feeling of paradise had already been tainted. What was once our dream escape became about as desirable as someone suggesting that your vacation to the Bahamas be changed to a "staycation" in your boring hometown...

Last week, my mom came to visit me and we were contemplating where to eat and I suggested Chili's. We were both skeptical, remembering our heartbreak from the Chili's that had betrayed us before, but decided to look for one nearby anyways.

There happened to be one on Arden Way, only 10minutes from my apartment.

It took some mental preparation and strong will, but we made it out the door...

We arrived at Chili's and were promptly seated.

Dare we order our fantasy dish? Yes.

Deja vu hit me and my stomach churned in nervous anticipation as we waited for our meals to arrive.

When they finally did it was as though the Chipotle gods themselves showered their amazing sauce all over our plates...there was even enough to dip the fries in!

The fissures of my once-wounded heart sealed back together as I took a bite of my meal.

The service was fantastic. It was as if they knew how the other Chili's had wronged us...

Chili's on Arden Way ( 2100 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95825) is the BEST Chili's location to go to for the Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers!

For just $9.99 you can enjoy a piece of chipotle heaven as well!

1 comment:

  1. As a Chili's patron, I understand totally the anger when the food isn't as good as it should be.

    In upstate NY, I had a similar experience and was off Chili's restaurants until I hit a good one in a different town.

    Whew.

    The writer does a nice job of blending her personal observations, her family and information about the place.

    To make it stronger: more description about the chain, prices, etc...

    Now, I am ready for my chicken fajita pita, thank you very much...

    ReplyDelete